Yngvild Olsen, MD, MPH | American Society of Addiction Medicine
Kenneth B. Stoller, MD | American Association for the Treatment of Opioid Dependence
Sponsor: American Society of Addiction Medicine
About the Webinar: This follow-up webinar is a companion to the online module “Methadone: Its Role in Opioid Addiction Treatment vs. Pain Management.” It allowed participants of the online module to ask questions to Drs. Olsen and Stoller. We suggest completion of the companion online module before watching this archived webinar.
To complete the module, please click HERE.
The module focuses on the role of methadone in opioid addiction treatment compared to when it is used for pain management. This continues to be an area of confusion among patients and healthcare providers. The module describes key pharmacological differences of methadone for the two indications, including methadone dosing and monitoring considerations. The module reviews the history of methadone and the unique regulations that apply to the use of methadone in treating opioid addiction compared to its use in treating pain. The module describes the epidemiologic impact of methadone on morbidity and mortality related to opioid use disorder compared to that related to pain. Finally, the module provides suggestions on what information patients should receive if methadone is part of a treatment regimen for opioid use disorder or pain.
How to obtain your Certificate of Completion:
Note: This archived webinar is NOT designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
Thank you for viewing our archived webinar. In order to document your participation in the training, please follow the steps below to obtain your Certificate of Completion.
- Click the “Watch Now” button above and follow the on-screen prompts.
- View the recorded webinar and return to the web page that listed the webinar recording link.
- Click “Continue” to move to the next page.
- Select “Yes” to attest that you have viewed the recording in its entirety.
- Click “Complete Course” and you will be directed to our thank you page.
- Click the “Click here to continue” link to complete the evaluation.
- Upon completion of the evaluation, you will receive your Certificate of Completion via email. If you do not receive your certificate, check your junk or spam folder.