Mark K. Greenwald, PhD | Professor, Associate Chair–Research; Director, Substance Abuse Research Division; Dept. of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurosciences, Wayne State University School of Medicine
The webinar reviewed:
- Trends in fentanyl and congener abuse (e.g. community availability, polydrug exposure), and recent available epidemiological data concerning overdoses and deaths from these agents;
- The pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics of fentanyl and chemically related short-acting opioids, the approved medical uses of these agents, and their clinical pharmacology (e.g. abuse potential, tolerance/cross-tolerance, dependence);
- Treatment issues including surveillance/detection (e.g. clinic-level surveys, patient-level urine drug testing, prescription drug monitoring program database checks, interview-based evaluation of risk factors), and treatment options including distribution/use of antagonists (e.g. naloxone) for overdose reversal, client education, and medication-assisted treatment.
Accreditation and Designation
The American Psychiatric Association (APA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The APA designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
How to obtain your CME Credit/Certificate of Completion
CME Credit Certificates or Certificates of Completion are available to those who complete an evaluation. Please follow the instructions below to access the session recording and claim credit through the APA Learning Center:
- Go to: http://education.psychiatry.org/Users/ProductDetails.aspx?Activityid=4805&ProductID=4805&_ga=1.15348662.1411164313.1480438198
- Login to your existing APA account or create a new account if you don’t already have one
- Click “Access Activity”
- Select your certificate type and confirm your choice via the pop-up window (Note: You may need to disable pop-up blockers)
- Review the Activity Overview and CE Information sections
- Click “Purchase”. This course is free, but you must still complete the checkout process.
- From your order confirmation page, select “Access Course”
- Complete the View Content, Quiz, and Evaluation sections
- Select and Save the number of credits on the Certificate section and review your certificate.