Cathy A. Gallagher | Regulatory Section Chief Office of Diversion Control Drug Enforcement Administration
Webinar Description: Why does the DEA have to inspect my practice?
Physicians who provide office-based treatment of opioid use disorder will, at some point in time, have a visit from the Drug Enforcement Administration. In this session, Ms. Gallagher discusses the background of the program, describes the process, and provides helpful information on how physicians can be prepared for an on-site inspection by the DEA. She addresses the legal requirements of a prescription, record keeping, and record storage. Electronic prescribing of controlled substances will be addressed.
The overall goals of this session are to remove the mysteries from the inspection process and provide DATA-waived physicians the information they need to understand and be in compliance with the Controlled Substances Act.
How to prepare for a DEA inspection
Accreditation and Designation:
The American Psychiatric Association (APA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The APA designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1 (one) AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
PC-based attendees Required: Windows® 8, 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server Mac®-based attendees Required: Mac OS® X 10
How to obtain your CME Credit/Certificate of Completion:
CME Credit Certificates or Certificates of Completion are available to those who complete an evaluation. Please follow the instructions below to obtain your certificate:
- Click the “Watch Now” button above or go to: http://education.psychiatry.org/Users/ProductDetails.aspx?Activityid=416
- LOG IN with Existing Account or CREATE a New Account
- Enable pop-ups
- Select your statement of credit type, click Submit, acknowledge your selection on the pop-up by clicking “OK”
- Review the Activity Overview, click Next
- Review the CE Information, click Next
- Click Purchase (This is a free product. You will be re-directed into the shopping cart in the same browser/tab window, and will need to follow the prompts provided to complete your transaction.)
- After you reach the order confirmation page; return and refresh the page at http://education.psychiatry.org/Users/ProductDetails.aspx?Activityid=416
- Click View Content, then click on each hyperlink to view the material, click Next to continue
- Complete the Quiz, click Submit. If you passed with the required 60%, click Next, if not click Re-take Quiz
- Complete the APA Evaluation, click Submit and then Next
- Click the button to print your Certificate